Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yay for being done!!!

Drum roll please...we have finally, officially moved everything from one house to another. Now all I have to do is unpack...(booooo!) I've got a five year plan for this move which includes paying off debt and saving enough money for my family and I to finally, FINALLY be able to buy our own home!!! Can't wait!

In other news...I have been seeing multiple articles out and about lately concerning cool things being found in South America. Gotta love archeology right?! They seem to be the only branch of Anthropology that gets major news coverage. Could have something to do with all the neat stuff they find. I think the following article is worth a read.

http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=56841#.UBmf3YFX6uI

Also, just had to share this article out of Virginia City...

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/UNR-Anthropology-Students-Dig-Virginia-CIty--163953836.html?ref=836

Hands down, coolest thing ever! I have never been to Virginia City but it has become one of my favorite places just because of its history. Yeah...I know...digging here is pulling forth information from the historic period, a time we already know a lot about. I have had a number of anthropology professors in the past gripe about wasting time digging historic sites and placing emphasis on ancient sites. Get over it...its all history and its all awesome. Not to mention, Virginia City is reportedly haunted and although I am completely skeptical of the whole ghost thing, I don't discount the possibility that ghosts could exist. If they did, Virginia City would be their Vegas.

With all the moving out of the way, I can hopefully get back into the swing of blogging and such. I am going to start a video blog too which is gonna rock. Mainly because its going to be about baking and it will give me an excuse to back all kinds of yummy goodness. Soooo...if you want a little dish on something other than Anthropology you could check that out too. Ill post a link when its up and running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment